Chicago Commons is seeking professional and dedicated individuals to assist us in helping people overcome barriers so that kids enter kindergarten ready to succeed, students are fully engaged in school and ultimately graduate and pursue post-secondary education, adults have sustainable jobs, and seniors are able to maintain their life at home.
Commons has become one of the largest social service providers in Chicago, employing 800 professionals including educators, home care aides, and program aides. Our staff takes pride in being part of an organization that is respected for the essential services it provides to people and communities.
Chicago Commons offers its employees competitive salaries and benefits:
- Medical Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental insurance through Colonial
- Vision Plan through Guardian
- Life Insurance through Guardian
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Personal Business Day
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match through Mutual of America
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee credit union
- Employee Education Assistance
"After ten years at Chicago Commons, I feel a sense of pride in believing that my work is connected to something bigger - especially as Chicago Commons provides such a broad spectrum of social services to so many communities. The program I work for, Child Development, is regarded as an exemplary educational program with influence that reaches beyond social services, which also gives me a sense of an extended community. Maybe what has kept me at Chicago Commons for so long is that it continues to be a tremendous learning experience, especially because I am learning from colleagues, community members and children."