Chicago Commons’ Family Hub is a family engagement program positioning our four existing early childhood education schools to serve not just children, but parents and family members as well.
* Due to our shift to the Family Hub program in FY16, the data above is reflective of both parents/family members with children at Chicago Commons and community members.
Of the services offered, advocacy had the highest participation rate at each school.
- 120Guadalupano Family Center
- 80Nia Family Center
- 75Taylor Center
- 100Paulo Freire Family Center
- 24%of parents participated in English as a Second Language (ESL) classes
- 18%of parents participated in digital literacy classes
The Family Hub provides wrap-around services in four domains:
Families GO furtherThe Family Hub program meets the unique needs of both the child and parent(s) by serving as a one-stop-shop for families to access services. The program will provide access to a broad range of services that help parents:
- Gain employment
- Manage their finances
- Improve their physical and mental health
- Obtain government services
- Increase digital literacy
- Improve their English proficiency
Community PartnersChicago Commons partners with many organizations to deliver the Family Hub services, and uses internal resources from our adult education program, which serves as a LISC Financial Opportunity Center. See Our Community Partners